I learned to ski when I was 6 years old, on the most perfect mountain in the world...Brundage Mountain in McCall, Idaho (its perfection is not up for debate.) Aaron loves skiing as well, and we've always wanted to ski with our kids. So today was the day!
When the rental guy handed me the teeny-tiniest skis for Peter, I used every synonym of ADORABLE in a 30 second span. He thought I was crazy. Then we added round little ski helmets to the boys' chubby cheeks and I was in heaven.
We headed out to the "bunny hill," which to the boys' surprise, did not have any bunnies on it, and did not look like a bunny...this was all very confusing.
As we assumed it would be, the boys were complete maniacs with no patience for learning how to stop or turn. They pointed their skis downhill and that was it...the faster the better. Actually, the faster they went, the louder they giggled. They didn't cry, or refuse to try, or threaten to quit. It was ALL fun..the skiing, the falling, the snowballs, the chairlift.
We spent the first part of the day getting the boys comfortable on skis, and then Aaron talked our way into free rides all afternoon on the chairlift. They loved the chairlift and the "big" hill.
Here's some pictures and video from our fun day!

The magic carpet...a great new invention that spares kids the torture of having their arms ripped off by a rope-tow. Wimps.


The drive home was very quiet.
Here's a few videos we took. Not the greatest quality, but a whole lot of fun!
Lunch time interview...




3 comments:
what an AWESOME family day! I love the Stewarts!
I will say it for the millionth time....ADORABLE!
Jenny, your boys are naturals! I'm not a skiier but i have to say, you've kind of enticed me to want to give it a go with the girlies.
This looks so fun and those smiles on the boys are priceless! I can't wait until (next year?) when all our kiddos can tear up the slopes at Brundage. We must go!
Post a Comment