Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wishin' and hopin'...

We were at the lake over Memorial Day weekend.  We took a walk and found lots and lots and lots of wishes.   





For you photography peeps out there, I found these to be tricky and I'm still pondering ways to perfect the shots.  I shot in manual with a low aperture so I'd get the nice background, and a fast enough shutter speed to {kind of} stop the action.  I focused on the flower, which proved to be harder than it might sound....my kids move a lot...and I mean A LOT!  

So, here's my commentary on these shots.  I know you don't care, and I'm perfectly okay if you stop reading right now!  

I like the coloring on the picture of Luke.  We just happened to be in a lot of tall grass when I snapped that one.  I caught the clearest little wispy things on that shot too.

I love the focus on Peter's little hands and the blurred movement in that picture.   In hindsight, I wish I would have had him take off his sweatshirt...too many different greens.

In the picture of Natalie, I love the crisp, sharp focus on the flower and her sweet hands.  I opted to show you this shot because, in all of the pictures where she was trying to blow the flower, the only action I "stopped" was the spit flying out of her mouth.  Yuck!

Overall it was a fun challenge for me, and the kids love making wishes!  Give it a try and let me know what secrets you come up with!

and then, she {snapped}

3 comments:

Marci said...

Love these shots! And I, for one, loved the commentary, as well. It actually made sense to me. Oh how I wish I knew all this when my kids were little... now it's more nature shots than shots of my kids (though I might be able to twist their arms for a photo shoot soon). :-)

SuLee said...

LOVE them all! Really, i think Benjamin could've tried this as well. :-)

Annie Kiehl said...

Love them. Thanks for sharing your tips, because I have a horrible time with action shots. (Kids moving = photography headaches!!!)