Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Six months old...

linking up to Rachel and Paper Mama

Dear Benjamin,

You are 6 months old...what a sweet, happy boy you are!

You have had a very busy month.  Last month you were rolling around, chewing on toys, and generally staying where I put you.  Over this last month, you have started crawling...well army-crawl...but still, you go wherever you want.  I really can't believe it...don't you know you're only 6 months old?  

You also taught yourself to sit up.  I had tried a few times to help you sit up, but instead you just got on your hands and knees and then plopped yourself over to one side into a sit.  So, not only are you crawling and sitting, but you can go from a crawl to a sit.  This is generally terrifying for me.    You are my last baby and I am soaking up every second...but it sure would be nice if you'd slow down a little!

This month you also started eating rice cereal.  You LOVE it!   You aren't a big fan of baby food yet...you gag and shiver, which is actually pretty adorable.  

As far as sleep goes, you are doing so much better.  We finally moved you out of our room and let you cry a little.  Now you are sleeping 10-12 hours at night....AMAZING!   In the morning when you wake up you fuss to let us know to come and get you, but as soon as we walk in the room you give a huge smile and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle with glee!

I can't believe how quickly 6 months has gone by.  We continue to enjoy every moment with you.  Your siblings adore you...and by "adore," I mean smother you with love whenever they get the chance.  You are a happy, smiley, snuggly little guy.

You continue to bless me everyday and I am so very grateful.

I love you,
mommy


Here's a few pictures from this month....

Really?  This was before he was 6 months old.



Loving rice cereal.


Big brother love...



Sweet boy...


I walked into the room yesterday, and found Benjamin sitting up....he did it all by himself.  CRAZY boy!






3 comments:

rachel said...

I love that first picture! You did it perfectly! And I honestly can't believe Benjamin is sitting AND crawling!! who does he think he is? crazy baby...

samandpeteVDP said...

What a handsome man! I can't believe he is 6 mnths old. That's just crazy talk! Can't wait to give him 6 months worth of cuddle in Sept!!!!

Heidi said...

These are the sweetest photos!